Stainless Steel Stucco: Unique UK Supplier
Though widely used for a number of applications from cladding and jacketing to HVAC and catering, stainless steel stucco has not been widely available until now. BS Stainless is thus unique in being the only UK supplier of stainless steel stucco, otherwise known as patterned or embossed stainless steel.
We have been primarily supplying stainless steel stucco for cladding and jacketing for industrial insulation purposes but the material has many other uses and benefits.
- Though just as easy to bend and form as non-patterned stainless steel sheet, stucco work hardens significantly, increasing its strength
- The increase in strength can lead to weight savings, offering gains in efficiency and cost savings
- 'Oil canning', which refers to the out-of-plane effects sometimes noticed on un-patterned sheets, can be suppressed with stainless steel stucco, making it an ideal material for clad features both internal and external
- The work-hardened, discontinuous surface of stainless steel stucco sheets helps to mask the effects of damage in high traffic areas, such as lining panels, fascias and lift doors
- Finely-textured patterns can reduce sliding friction and are often used in sensitive applications such as vending machines and photographic equipment
- Patterned finishes improve heat dissipation and can be thus used to reduce casing temperatures of heat-generating appliances and machinery
BS Stainless supply a range of sizes (0.4mm – 0.8mm) in both Grade 304 and 316 stainless steel. Stainless stucco coils or sheets can also be supplied with our factory-bonded moisture barrier DryMet to protect the underside from galvanic corrosion or chemical attack: produced at our own factory in Preston, UK, the barrier incorporates DuPont Surlyn which is used to give golf balls their hardwearing and durable qualities.
Stainless steel stucco from BS Stainless can be supplied as coils, flat sheets or roll-formed to create corrugated sheets. These are perfect for cladding and roofing applications, offering the durability of stainless steel with an attractive visual aesthetic: they are especially useful for areas where regular cleaning is unavailable. More details can be found on stainless steel stucco page.
We recently posted a video about stainless steel stucco on LinkedIn, which quickly began trending on stainless steel forums and has clocked up well over 6,000 views so far. Check out the video on our LinkedIn page and, if you require pricing information or samples, please contact our expert team.