Stainless Steel Strip Coil: Grades & Finishes
Stainless steel strip coil is one of the most versatile forms that metal can take. It is used in all kinds of sectors including automotive, catering and construction in addition to several engineered applications. Products that can be made from stainless steel strips include surgical instruments, springs, flexible tubing, filtration devices, cutlery and heating elements.
As one of the biggest independent producers and suppliers of stainless steel, BS Stainless offer stainless steel strip coil in a comprehensive array of grades with many different useful finishes.
BS Stainless can quickly and reliably supply stainless steel strip coil in any grade from the 200, 300 and 400 series. Some of the most popular grades we supply are:
- 304. The most common grade we supply, grade 304 strip offers good corrosion resistance. It is noted for its ease of use when roll-forming, shaping and welding.
- 316. Molybdenum has been added to this alloy, imbuing it with extra resistance to the damaging effects of corrosion. This grade is especially suited for use in acidic environments, delivering increased resistance to pitting corrosion.
- 321. Particularly suitable in welding applications, grade 321 strip coil is a variation of grade 304 containing added titanium, making it very hard and strong. This grade displays exceptional resistance to intergranular corrosion.
- 430. Primarily used in the catering industry and domestic sector, type 430 is a ferritic alloy of stainless steel that provides good corrosion resistance.
There are several different finishing options for stainless steel strips from BS Stainless, including:
- Bright Annealed (BA). Cold-rolled and annealed in a controlled atmosphere, the defining characteristic of the BA finish is its high reflectivity.
- Hot Rolled (HR). HR-finished strip coil has a scaled appearance and so is used when an attractive aesthetic is not a key concern.
- 2B. The most widely-used finish, 2B is characterised by its reflective, smooth grey sheen.
- 2D. As a matte finish, 2D displays a low level of reflectivity.
- 2E. This finish has a slightly rough, dull visual appearance.
Other finishes are available on request: please contact our customer service team for more details. For further information about stainless steel strip coil from BS Stainless, please browse our website.