Essential Training for BS Stainless Colleagues
The British Stainless Steel Association (BSSA), of which BS Stainless has been an active member for many years, is an organisation that exists to promote 'greater use of stainless steel in the UK and Ireland'. Along with offering professional help and advice through its Stainless Steel Advisory Service and hosting a number of events, the BSSA also provides several specialist training and education courses.
At BS Stainless, we believe that colleagues working across all of our many departments, not just those involved in technical and sales, can benefit from a better understanding of stainless steel. For this reason, we recently arranged for six of our colleagues from our administration, production, finance and online departments to take part in a training course designed and delivered by the BSSA.
The course, titled 'A Beginner's Guide to Stainless Steel,' covered several relevant topics. These included:
- The massive variety of different uses for stainless steel across the spectrum of industry
- The various different types and grades of stainless steel
- How stainless steel is produced from mining ores to finished material
- The many different forms that stainless steel can take, including wire, sheet, coil and tube
- The mechanical properties of stainless steel that make it suitable for various applications
- How stainless steel resists corrosion and why this is important
- What makes stainless steel one of the most sustainable options
The training course took place online and our colleagues worked together in our dedicated training room. Each of our colleagues thoroughly enjoyed the course and gave positive feedback on the knowledge they gained; they felt it was valuable to them, and they will be able to better serve our customers as a result.On completion of the course, which lasted around four hours, each colleague received a certificate for their personal records.
At BS Stainless, we are dedicated to helping and informing not just our colleagues but also anyone with an interest in stainless steel. To this end, our website offers an extensive library of resources giving information on a wide variety of topics including the properties of stainless steel, how it should be kept clean and hygienic, explanations of different grades and much more. Check out the 'Resources' section of our website for further information.