The Very Best Stainless Steel Sheet
It is widely known that stainless steel is one of the most versatile materials on the planet, making it extremely useful across the entire scope of the industry.
Among the many forms, stainless steel takes, sheet/plate is especially versatile, used in countless applications including food service, construction, transportation and the textile, marine and chemical industries. In addition to its unmatched versatility, stainless steel sheet/plate is chosen for its exceptional formability, durability and resistance to attack from corrosion.
At BS Stainless, we always have a large collection of stainless steel sheets/plate in stock, ready for immediate delivery to our customers. The material is available in a variety of grades from the 200, 300 and 400 series, with other grades available on request (we can also supply sheet/plate in aluminium or Aluzinc). Each grade has different characteristics to suit different applications: some of the most common grades are listed below:
- Grade 304. Thanks to its high resistance to corrosion and its suitability for welding, 304 is one of the most popular grades of stainless steel sheet/plate we supply.
- Grade 321. A variant of 304, this grade has added titanium. This improves its weldability and also makes it resistant to intergranular corrosion.
- Grade 316. With the addition of molybdenum, Grade 316 offers enhanced corrosion resistance. It is especially effective when used in acidic environments, giving increased resistance to the problem of pitting corrosion.
- Grade 430. Primarily used by the catering and domestic sector, ferritic Grade 430 stainless steel sheet/plate offers good resistance to corrosion.
Our stainless steel sheet/plate can be supplied with a variety of finishing options including:
- 2B. The most common surface finish, 2B is smooth and has a reflective grey sheen.
- Bright Annealed. Highly reflective, the finish is created by annealing in a controlled atmosphere.
- Dull Polish. Non-reflective with a brushed appearance, this finish can be easily cleaned and so is often used in the catering industry and for kick-push plates on doors.
- Hot Rolled. A cost-effectively scaled finish is used when surface appearance is not a key requirement.
- Other finishes, along with protective film coatings, can be supplied on request.
All of our premium-quality stainless steel sheet/plates are manufactured in strict accordance with the BS EN 10088-2 specification and within the scope of our ISO 9001:2015 accredited management system. A range of standard size options is immediately available and we can also cut sheets down to specific sizes.
Find out more about our stainless steel sheet/plate on the BS Stainless website.